In the past four days there have been three times when traffic has slowed to, what I would call after living in Chicago, a "light" rush hour. I assumed that traffic was backed up because everyone was off work and trying to get home. Not the case. Every single time there has been "rush hour" traffic, it is cause by everyone slowing down (to about 15 mph) to look at either an accident, or a car that has been pulled over. As soon as I got 20 feet past the accident/cop, traffic returned to a normal pace (which is an uncomfortably slow 55 mph post speed limit).
I was thinking about possible reasons for this driver-induced traffic jam. Maybe there is a New York law that you are required to slow down when driving by an accident. It could be possible that no one in Buffalo has seen a traffic accident before four days ago and therefor slowed down to get a better look at this new occurrence. I think that they are just bad drivers. Point-in-case: Britney mentioned this traffic abnormality to some of the ladies at work (Christopher & Banks), and they just looked at her "like she was an idiot". They apparently find it normal to slow down and gawk at a traffic accident.
Great.
Apparently the traffic in Buffalo is fine, as long as no one crashes. Or gets pulled over.
- Jon
1 comment:
Well - I'm new at all this - but I love seeing and hearing what you guys are up to...we are praying daily for you both - we love you.
Just heard about "MELVIN"...I'm sure he's adorable.
luv-mom
Post a Comment