Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Time

Just created this blog, so not much to say yet. Britney and I (Jon) have been in our new apartment for one week now. It is coming together very nicely, thanks in part to wedding gifts, and the help of our parents, who have lovingly supplied us with bedroom furnishings. It is always nice to have a mattress to sleep on. 

Britney has been training for an assistant manager position at Christopher & Banks, a women's clothing store that she describes as "old lady and teacher clothing". Some of the stuff they have is ok, but when they carry sweaters with cats on them (that have LED blinking eyes) you know they don't carry clothes for our generation. I just starting working at the Red Robin here in Amherst, which has so far gone very well. They seem very flexible with their work schedule, which is good considering Britney and I are sharing a car. 

School is starting for me in just a few weeks. I am ready to start working on my Ph.D. as a "Predoctoral Trainee". My official title while at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI). I will let you know what happens with school and how my schedule gets. 

I will post pictures of our apartment a little later, but for now here is a picture of Britney and I on our honeymoon. Enjoy.



- Jon

2 comments:

Marshall K said...

Hai guise! Don't get stabbed (I hear New York is dangerous...)

Audrey said...

Great pic! So glad you have a blog - hope to be reading lots more as you start school and observe more about life in Buffalo!