I just looked at the classes I am going to register for, and it seems like it is going to be an interesting semester. Medical Statistics, Biochemistry, Oncology, and lab rotations. I am taking a full 18 credit hours, primarily because Roswell is paying for my schooling, and they want to get my required 70-something hours done as quickly as possible. The head of my department, with whom I will be registering classes, told me that while I have 18 credits, I am really only taking three classes. The lab rotation will be my work; I have to earn my stipend. The only thing I am not especially looking forward to is buying books, but it will only be about $300. And yes, as a biology major, $300 for books isn't really that bad.
Just a general update about Buffalo. Britney and I are both really enjoying how small the area is compared to the Chicago area. Not only is it a smaller area, but traffic isn't too bad when it comes to numbers, not intelligence. We have already discussed that. The weather has been really nice too. While I was at work last thursday, someone had complained about how it was supposed to rain for four or five days in a row. I was preparing for four to five days of straight rain, much like it does in Chicago. It certainly rained four days in a row, and it is supposed to rain for the next two days, but when it "rains all day", it basically pours for an hour or two and then slows to a very light drizzle, or completely stops and gets sunny. In other words, the rain here is a lot nicer than it is in Chicago.
Sorry to say this, immediate family, but I am starting to like it here in Buffalo. On the other hand, I haven't experienced winter yet, and I don't really like dealing with snow. I guess we'll see.
- Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment