I thought I would share a few interesting/exciting things that have happened this last week.
First, I received an e-mail from the head of my department informing me of an M.D. who is looking for a graduate student to work in his lab. He is working with leukemia and it's origins, including signal transduction and growth factors. Leukemia is not what I am most interested in (right now I think it is prostate cancer), but it will be an exciting learning experience. I am also excited because, while I am not sure that I was simply sent a duplicated e-mail, the e-mail about this researcher was sent exclusively to me. So it is kind of cool that my department head thinks, before school has even started, that I would be good to have in a research lab.
Second, while not occurring in the past week, tomorrow is our one month anniversary.
Third, one of the tires on our car is being replaced. I'm not sure what the cause is, but the rear passenger tire was slowly loosing air over the past few days. I took it into a Goodyear dealer this morning and I was told that it had to be replaced. Thank God, and my father-in-law, that the tires are covered under the "Road Hazard Plan", meaning that we don't have to pay for the new tire, or the work.
Well, that is all the exciting news for now. School starts next monday, and I have orientation at Roswell this thursday.
- Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment