Saturday, August 23, 2008

Money...



Just a quick update of the weeks occurrences. 

I am getting ready for school to start. I am registered for classes (I realized at the Roswell Park orientation that I hadn't actually registered for classes; I was planning on going to them, but I hadn't actually registered for them). I haven't bought my books yet, primarily because they cost money. You can see my dilemma. I also looked at the course schedule for Biochemistry to get an idea of what it will be like. I have been told, and I know from my undergrad experience, that Biochem is one of the more intensive classes. The schedule didn't look too bad; it will move through material quicker than Olivet's biochem class did, but it seems like it covers the same amount of material. I do remember Landon Colling, one of my professor's sons, saying that, as a fourth year medical school student, Olivet's biochem was more difficult than his medical schools' biochem class. I guess I'm hoping that is true. It should help that I actually know how to study this time around.

Britney has been working at her mall this week (Eastern Hills). It is, unfortunately, the furthest away (in travel time), but she does seem to be enjoying her coworkers more than at Galleria, were she started her "training". (Training is in quotations because we learned during her second week of working here that the manager at Galleria did not do a single thing with Britney that she was supposed to that involved training her as a manager). This upcoming week Britney is going to start opening and closing the store by herself. The most exciting thing, for me at least, is that Britney got her first paycheck. Now we can pay rent, and our bills. Yea!

Until next time.

- Jon

2 comments:

Joel said...

Hey, you might want to edit out the comment about Britney enjoying Eastern Hills people more than the Galleria coworkers because someone from there might google "Britney Reddick" just to see what they can find and come across that comment and then be insulted and a whole cornucopia of female drama unfolds from there and it all gets ugly and goes down hill from there.

And, yes, I know that that was a ridiculous run-on sentence.

Much love,

Your Barista Brother Joel

Rien Heald said...

I bet Britney will be just as glad when you get your first paycheck!

love you -mom (using dad's acct.)