Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last Wedding of the Summer

This last weekend Britney and I went to Chicago for Kimberly and Greg's wedding. Britney was a bridesmaid, so she took vacation hours from work and few to Chicago on Thursday morning, while I drove to Chicago on Friday and Saturday, stopping overnight in Bowling Green to visit Joel. We both had a great time seeing Kim and Greg again, and we were finally able to spend some time with Shane and Kathryn. We drove back to Buffalo on Sunday afternoon to get on with the daily grind of life.

Britney is still waiting to hear from Buffalo Spine and Sport; they are done with interviews and trying to decide on a candidate. Now all we can do is hope and pray she gets one of the two positions. I have started classes this week. I am taking Immunology, Ethics and Conduct in Research, and seminar and journal club.

We are going to have the drain pipe moved for the bathroom sink this next week. After opening a hole in the wall, I realized I wouldn't be able to replace/fix the drain by myself, at least, not without renting some machinery that I don't know how to use. We are also putting in a pedestal stink, which we are going to have the plumbers install for us; we have been told by multiple people that they are a real pain, and the plumbers are going to replace the copper piping with shiny chrome piping for a better look. Because I can't get the tiles off the bathroom wall without tearing out the entire wall behind it, I have decided to remove and replace all the tile on the walls, up to the shower. After the drain pipe is replaced, I am going to drywall and mud the bathroom, all by myself. I'll let you know how that goes. Eventually we are also going to have to either replace or re-grout floor tile, as you can see from the pictures below. The sub-flooring underneath the bathroom floor is the same plywood that was in the hallway and kitchen; apparently tile cement doesn't work well on plywood...

Here are some pictures of the bathroom, and of the pizza I made for dinner tonight (I tried toto follow the theme of work-cats-food that my dad pointed out to me, but the picture of Melvin wouldn't load, sorry).

-Jon
The hole in the wall.
The floor in disrepair.
Home made pizza...although the crust was purchased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pizza looks great - I have a recipe for homemade dough that is easy and cheap - I will send it to you.

Love you, Mom

Joel said...

Thank you for finally updating!

That is a good looking pizza and it's too bad that I don't have a nice Pampered Chef Pizza stone to make my own. *sigh*