Yesterday I received my bill from UB, and got an unexpected shock. I was being charged the comprehensive fee, which I was expecting, but I was also being charged out-of-state tuition, which I was not expecting. I had filed for residency-status, which would provide me with in-state-tuition (which Roswell pays for), but I filled it a few days late, so I am being denied. I can appeal for residency status, but if I don't get it this semester, I have to pay the difference in tuition rates, which is about $2200. You can see why I was freaking out a little.
Today however, I e-mailed Craig Johnson (head of the Roswell education department) to inform him of my predicament. He told me a few things that made me feel much better. First, that I am not required to pay the bill in full, so I should just pay my comprehensive fee and wait for the appeal process. Second, he told me the Dr. Mickalek (the dean of the Roswell education department) could write me a letter for the appeal process if I needed it. I also found out that I can apply for a payment plan which allows me to pay my school bill in four installments. This will make it easier on our budget for the next few years; we won't have to make a $740 payment at the beginning of each semester.
On top of all of this good news, I also got a new oven today! I called the Campus Manor apartment office yesterday and told them about my stove problem. I had called them right before Thanksgiving, and since I hadn't heard anything, I added in that my family was coming for Christmas and I really needed a working stove. Thank goodness for the holiday spirit. This morning a guy came and took its temperature (it was about 125 degree lower than it should have been), and this afternoon he showed up again with a brand new oven.
All of this has happened in the last two days, all while I have been studying for my last Oncology test. There was one bright point yesterday; Britney and I sold her old laptop for $230. Now we can buy Christmas present...
-Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment