Friday, December 19, 2008

The first Real Snow

Britney went off to work this morning, leaving me home all alone. With nothing to do. Break is so nice. When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, it was very white with little streaks of dark brown. It is currently white-out weather, with a good bit of wind, and what sounds like a little hail or ice hitting my window. 

Well, I am all signed up for classes next semester. I am taking four actual classes, all of them taught at Roswell. Oncology for Scientists (the second semester) will be clinical based. Techniques in Pathology meets once a week, and involves going to labs to learn/observe different techniques. Cancer Pathology and Prevention is an epidemiology based course (prevelance, occurence, mortality of cancers) which probably won't be directly applicable to my future research, but it should be interesting. Lastly, Cancer Epidemiology is again an epidemiology course, but I am required to take it. Along with lab rotations and my weekly seminar class, the semester might be pretty full. I might have to study a little more than I did this last semester. We'll see.

Britney is still looking for another job. Roswell seems to take their time when accepting applications. It might also have to do with the fact that they are state supported, and the budget was just cut a little. Oh well. She has a job right now, which she might not like, but is still a source of income. Many more have less than that.

I'm excited for my family to come up for Christmas. It will be all six of us in our apartment for five nights (I'm not sure about the days). That is about 120 square feet per person. I call the kitchen and the bathroom. Britney's family is coming up to visit around New Years. Hopefully Britney can get some time away from the hellish retail scene to spend with them. 

That's all for now.

-Jon

No comments: