This morning Britney and I walked over to the Snyder Fire Department and fulfilled our duty as American citizens (we voted). The voting booths were (from my perspective) old fashioned things; pull-the-level, move-the-tab, push-the-lever. So exciting. There was of course, the presidential election, as well as thirty state officials running for various offices. Neither Britney nor I voted for any of them because we didn't know anything about them, except that some of them send out junk mail. Very annoying junk mail. It was the first election that I voted in, the second for Britney. I think we were some of the youngest people in the room, by at least a generation. It was interesting experience, and I am looking forward to 2012.
- Jon
P.S. Dad, if you are reading this, you better have voted too.
2 comments:
I didn't vote, but then again, I'm still in Illinois
Yup - I voted. But I read your post before I voted.
Post a Comment