Friday, November 21, 2008

It snowed again


It has been a while since we last posted. Sorry about that.

Well, as you can guess from the title, is has snowed again in Buffalo NY. We got about one inch of snow a few days ago, and it was snowing a little this morning. It is still sunny here, so most of it does not last very long, and thankfully the roads are clear.

Britney is still looking for a job. She has talked with a woman at Roswell Park in the Human Resources department. Nothing concrete has come from it, but hopefully making contact with a person will help in the selection process. I am just hoping that she can get a job there before Christmas time comes, that way we can probably get a few days of vacation; at Christopher & Bank she is not allowed to take vacation during holidays.

The end of the semester is quickly approaching for me. After Thanksgiving, I only have one week of classes, followed by a week of "study time" (yeah right), followed by a week of classes. I fortunately do not have any cumulative finals, and two of my three tests are actually before finals week. I am still working in Dr. Wetzlers lab with leukemia, but I will be starting a new rotation in January. I am excited to work in Dr. Smith's lab (my next rotation) because he is working on both prostate cancer and angiogenesis (the formation of new blood vessels), both of which I find very interesting. I am hoping to do my research in his lab, and I think he is open to the idea. I have heard that he is very good at writing grants that get approval, which is also a plus, considering I might need to write one in the future.

Well, that is all for now. The only update on Melvin is that he has taken to chasing his tail whenever it sneaks up on him. He will bite the end of it if you wave it in front of his face. He is a little weird. Oh yeah, Melvin likes brussels sprouts and cabbage. Go figure.

-Jon

4 comments:

Joel said...

yeah, that's a weird cat. See if he likes chocolate milk or ice cream. Buddy was licking out the inside of dad's ice cream bowl the last time I was home.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joel - now no one will eat at our house!!!

Jonathan - be careful giving your cat veggies that cause gas!

-mom

Jonathan Heald said...

Yes I think he likes ice cream...he also likes warm milk, it calms him down :-)

Audrey said...

your lab research sounds so interesting! I hope Britney's job search goes well..I'm kind of in the same boat, and it's harder than I had anticipated. Have an awesome Thanksgiving!