Sorry for such a long delay between postings. Here is a recap of the holiday festivities:
Christmas weekend was spent with my family at our house is Buffalo, NY. Mom, dad, and Peter arrived on Christmas Eve day in time for us to have dinner: roasted leg of lamb with rosemary potatoes. Joel and Emily (his new fiance) had to leave Bowling Green later in the evening (the hazards of being a "youth pastor", apparently) so they didn't arrive until ~2 AM. But I love them, so I got up and let them in the house. On Christmas day we opened presents, after I made my yeast-risen cinnamon-rolls, and spent much of the day eating and playing games. Britney and I got some wireless speakers, so we can listen to music from the computer anywhere in the house, and very importantly, a garbage disposer! The day after Christmas, Joel had to return to Bowling Green to play "youth pastor" the following day. Without Joel, we were free to do something fun, so we went to see Avatar in IMAX 3-D (just FYI: the 3-D was necessary, but the IMAX wasn't worth the money).
The weekend of New Years, Britney and I went to Chicago to spend the weekend with Don, Dena, and Blake. On New Years eve day we did Christmas with the Reddicks, getting clothes and gift cards. Later that day my parents and my Grandmother (who was up visiting for the weekend) came down to eat and play games with us. We spent thursday with the Reddicks, shopping at Orland Park mall, followed by Blue Man group and dinner at WildFire steak house. On Saturday Britney's Aunt, Uncle, and cousin + fiance, came up to Bourbonnais to eat and watch movies with us. After church, lunch, and a brief shoe-shopping-safari (which is Swahili for "journey"), Britney and I caught our flight back to Buffalo.
We were greeted by a foot of snow in our drive way. Good ol' Buffalo...
-Jon
3 comments:
And - we miss you already - Glad you're home and safe. I'm sure Melvin and Mable are happy you are back.!
Luv a both - mom
I'm so glad I got to see you both while you were here! Can't wait to see you guys again! Love you!
Why is Youth Pastor is quotations? Do I get to call you "Dr." Heald when you are done with your degree?
Post a Comment