Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kitchen Updates

Over the past few weekends I've done some work to the kitchen, making it our own. Below are some pictures of the garbage disposer, which I mentioned in the last post, the window treatments (made by Mom) and the new pendant light, and our new kitchen island. Britney and I have been waiting to get this island (from Ikea) ever since we bought our house. I filed our taxes on Friday, and after finding out we were going to get some money back, we made the trip on Saturday to Ikea in Pittsburgh, and bought our island. We went to Pittsburgh because, even though it added 5 hours to our round-trip drive, it saved us about $200 on the island (rather than buying it in Canada).

Regarding work and school: I've started classes again, Advanced Immunology at Roswell, and a Genetics class on UB North campus (which is in the middle of the day and eats up about 3 hours of my day, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday...it's annoying). After months of no results from my experiments, I'm finally starting to get results, expected or unexpected, from working experiments, which is good with my qualifying exam coming up this summer. Britney is still working at Christopher & Banks, putting up with grumpy old ladies and their Canadian friends.

-Jon




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it - love the garbage disposal - love the valance (great job Mom Heald) - love the pendant light - love the island. Looks great! Miss you both although we do get to see Britney soon - we would love it if you could come too Jon. With those classes and research and the summer defense, we know your plate is full. You are both in our prayers daily as you continue making this home/life your own.
Love - Mom (Dena)

Anonymous said...

That is truly the best pic I've ever seen of a disposal :) Wow! The kitchen looks lovely. I sure see your Mom's talented hand in the curtain! Pretty.
PawPaw and I were just at IKEA this past weekend - what a store. In fact we bought a smaller island for Jack and Caroline much like what you bought. That is a very fun store!
I'd sure like to know more about your summer defense - is it something you can study for? Does your future position in the PhD program depend on the results?
Glad to hear you are getting results on your research . . this is good.
God bless both of you,
MeMee

Anonymous said...

Time for an update....Britney's turn don't you think Jon - she's been slacking :)
Luv you guys.