Probably Not.
(Actually, I just noticed we have a leaky pipe in the bathroom wall, and it's dripping into the basement. Coincidence that I noticed it on Sunday?)
Our plumbing is working great, our basement is dry, and the yard is starting to settle. I spent yesterday morning and early afternoon working on the side of the yard digging up dirt, clay, and rocks, putting back pieces of sod, and flooding the new yard with water to help it settle. It is supposed to rain this next week, which will help the dirt piles settle even more. I am hoping to find as much sod as I can, and fill in the rest of the yard with seed. It might have to wait for a while though, due to the plumbing expenses.
Last night Britney and I went and bought some curtains for the living room; I didn't like not having anything covering the front windows into the biggest part of the house. We also bought some new numbers for the house and put them over the door. Now you can spot our house by it's address, not just the big pile of dirt that is our front yard. Earlier this week we also trimmed down the giant bushes/trees by the front porch. They will probably be removed within the next few years, but they look respectable now, not overgrown.
On the job front, I auditioned to teach for Kaplan last thursday, after my good friend Shane Wesley recommended that I do. I really like teaching, and I hear they pay well, so I would be very happy to get a job with them. Britney is still looking for a job, and she might have found one! Buffalo Spine and Sport, a physical therapy office that she interviewed with a few months ago, is looking to add two positions to the office, and she (fingers crossed) will hopefully get one of them. When she interviewed with them last time, she felt that it went very well, and they went so far as to call her mom (one of her job references). We will keep you informed.
Here are some pictures. Click on each one for a larger image.
-Jon
Trimmed trees and zinc house numbers.
New curtains, and Britney reading.
Mushy side yard.
Rustic Peach Crostata.
Mable hiding under the couch.
3 comments:
Jon - have you considered just napping on Sunday?
love - mom
What a darling pic of Mable. She is one cute kitty!
Teaching job?
Is that in addition to your research in the lab?
MeMee
The floors look really nice.
Post a Comment