1) This is an awesome snow shovel. I know what you're thinking, why am I talking about a snow shovel on our blog? Because it's awesome, and considering how much easier it makes the terribly perpetual job of shoveling snow, I thought I would share...not that any of my family members have to actually shovel snow...you apartment and condo dwellers.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100258384/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
The curved shaft of the shovel allows you to push the shovel without bending over too far, produces an perfect combination of downward and forward pressure, picking up lots of snow and breaking up tough ice chunks. While I was a little wary of it at first, the think plastic blade (rather than a metal one) actually works much better, particularly at chipping away chunks of ice stuck to the concrete. If you happen to be out looking for a shovel, you should spring for this one.
2) The next time I need to do some major demolition, I'm going to order a Bagster. The Bagster is essentially a gigantic trash bag that you fill with construction or yard debris, then Waste Management comes and picks it up. The best part? The bag costs $30, and pick up is only $85. That is an excellent savings when you consider that a traditional dumpster of equal capacity would cost about $375!

3) Logan has two teeth coming in! I don't have a good picture of that...unfortunately he doesn't stay still enough, but once they are in I'll get a good picture of them. He'll be eating granola bars in no time!
-Jon
3 comments:
that snow shovel is very similar to the one your dad used to get our car out of the jam it was it. Of course, it wasn't our shovel - but belonged to a very nice young man who let us borrow it.
and super yeah about the teeth! I can't wait to see them - mom
1)
Try this instead.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202218973/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
And yes, I have to regularly shovel snow at the church. Recently I've had to deal with 6 inches of frozen packed snow drifts.
2) Can you break up the stuff to put into garbage bins since you already pay for that? Are you planning any new demolition? Am I invited.
3) Yeah for teeth. My two-year-old buddy at church is teething and he is drooling like a dog. Tonight he was sucking on a pretzel rod as the slobber ran down the rod, down his hand, down his arm, and eventually onto mine. Exciting things ahead!
Much love.
Joel
I've noticed that your blog is not maturing with age...
Post a Comment