Monday, July 13, 2009

More Demolition

Before Britney and I left for Novi MI, for Matt and Ashley's wedding, I pulled up most of the tile in the kitchen and hallway. It came up really easily, so I was pleased and expecting the removal of the existing flooring to go quickly and easily.


This evening, Britney and I went to Lumber Liquidators and picked up our new floor, in boxes, of course. We are both very happy with it and excited to get it down.


After getting the flooring into the bedroom, I decided to cook diner on and in our new stove. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to use a convection oven and a gas stove top.


After diner, Britney and I pulled up the carpet in the future office. We were a little dismayed to find a few more layers of flooring underneath the carpet...and the hallway...and the kitchen...and the living room. In total, there is the dark sub-floor, covered by a layer of ply-wood, covered by linoleum, covered by more ply-wood, covered by tile (bottom-right to top-left). It is slow and tedious, but we are getting most of the sub-sub-flooring up.


-Jon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might have 9 foot ceilings by the time you get to the real floor!

Oh, the joys of owning an older home. Surprises everywhere. In our first house, we pulled off 4 layers of wallpaper to discover a brownpaper wallboard that you couln't paint over - the paint would bleed through.

love, mom

Rachel C said...

I can't wait to see pics of the finished product!! So far looking good!
And Jon that food looks amazing!

Joel said...

Yeah, that looks like so much fun.