Sunday, May 31, 2009

Boring Title


The first picture includes two interesting findings of the day. The big orange chair was found on the side of the road in front of someone's house. It didn't smell, so we took it home... yes, we went dumpster diving... technically. The faucet was something we found at a "tag sale" (a cooler name than "garage sale"). It is a genuine Chicago Company faucet that the homeowners once had in their kitchen, but removed upon remodeling. Britney and I both like it, so we bought it for $50 (which I 
thought was a
 pretty good deal), and after a bottle of CLR, it is sparkly and good-as-new. The rest of the pictures of just characteristic shots of Melvin, and since I haven't posted a photo of him in a while, I thought I'd bless you with three of them.

On the home front, Britney and I are still hoping to close around June 12th, which means that in 
around two weeks, we will own our first home! I can't wait to get in there and start remodeling. 


I am currently looking for another lab to do a rotation in, and possible do my thesis work in. I heard from Dr. Leong over Memorial Day weekend, and she informed me that Dr. Smith told her he 
wasn't comfortable taking a student right now (because he isn't sure how much longer he will be at Roswell). While I am disappointed that I can't do my research with Dr. Smith, he has been very 
encouraging and helpful 
as I look for and figure out who would be a good match for me to work with for the next four years. I am sad that I can't work with Dr. Smith, I am confident that I can find a lab where I can develop the skills and techniques that I will need in either a Post-Doctoral position, or if I choose to work in the Industry. 

Britney is still looking for a job...there's nothing else new thus far.

-Jon

2 comments:

Rien Heald said...

at one point you should recreate the shots you take of Melvin, but with you or Britney as the subject. It would make Melvin happy. I see a new flikr group just for those kinds of pics.

Actually the one on the books is pretty cool.

Joel said...

I like the good finds. Also, it looks like you did get a good deal on the faucet. Here is a comparable one:

http://www.everyfaucet.com/Chicago-Faucets-895-CP-CHF1343.html