Saturday, October 18, 2008

School and Job Updates

Just to fill everyone in on how my school and Britney's job is going.

I have a couple of tests coming up this week. Monday will be my third test in Biochemistry. I am not really worried about it, but it is a different professor than before, so the test format is a little different. On friday I have my first of two Statistics tests; one mid-semester, and one at the end of the semester. The prof. has provided us with a formula sheet, and a practice exam, so I am going to go over those to get an idea of how much I need to study. 

Two weeks ago I started my lab rotation in Dr. Wetzler's lab, working with leukemia cells. I have been working with Michael, a third year student in my program, to learn some of the techniques that the lab uses. Two weeks ago he showed my how to do a procedure, and this last week I did it on my own (with a few reminders from him). It went pretty well when I did it by myself, and he said that I learned it a lot faster than most; he usually has to go through it seven or eight times.

Britney is currently looking for a new job, that doesn't involve retail. She has applied for various positions throughout the Buffalo area, and yesterday she applied for about ten positions at Roswell Park. I am hoping that she gets a job there because it will be a regular schedule, and once I am doing my thesis work, we can go to work together.

That is all for now. Type to you later.

-Jon

No comments: