Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Happenings...

So lots has been happening since spring...
June:
In June, I went home for a baby shower. I got to visit with lots of friends and family. One of my best friend Casey and I were so blessed at our baby shower and we had so much fun! I got tons of presents, and people were so generous. I also got to see our friends Kaylee and David and Kathryn and Shane. I also got to see Blake in the summer musical for Olivet. It was so fun. I love watching him perform! Then back home Jon and I worked outside on our patio and for a little while it looked great! We also painted our bedroom and put up the trim and crown moulding and painted the nursery. (More pictures of everything at the end)

July:
We have done a lot in July so far! The first week we spent with my parents working on the house. We got SO much done! We fixed the cabinet door handles, replaced the countertops and put in a new sink, fixed and painted the back splash, installed a vent hood over the stove, replaced the bedroom, nursery, basement, and bathroom doors with 6-pannel white doors and painted all of the trim, gutted and drywalled a new hall closet and installed new shelves, installed a banister for the stairs to the guest bedrooms, put the trim down in the nursery, set up the crib and changing table. Wow! I am probably missing something but you get the point...we did A LOT!
The second week we went back to Illinois for Joel and Emily's wedding. We got home on Tuesday and I went home with my parents and Jon went with his. (Don't worry, we planned it that way) I got to see some friends and I also got to see Blake perform again. Jon got to see some friends and hang out with family too. On Thursday, Jon and I had some maternity pictures taken. We had fun and got eaten alive by mosquitoes! But the pictures turned out great! On Friday, we headed down to Dixon, IL to start the wedding weekend. We had a wonderful rehearsal picnic. It was so much fun. Then we had the rehearsal and then we had dessert. On Saturday...Wedding Day! It was a great day. It was busy but everything turned out beautifully! Emily looked gorgeous and it was all so much fun!
The next week, when we home we purchased an air conditioner. We were just too hot. Then Peter came to visit for a long weekend. We got to hang out and he and Jon helped a friend do somethings around his house. They also installed the new ceiling fan in the nursery and a new light in the hallway. Jon and I also celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 19th. We went downtown to a restaurant called Left Bank. We sat out on the patio and had a great time, the food was great.
So in the last week or so we have gotten a couple things to finish up the nursery. Jon also had his qualifying exam this past Tuesday. He said it went ok, but it was very challenging and difficult. He got a partial pass, he needs to rewrite some of his paper (which he agreed with) but he doesn't have to do another oral defense (which he is very happy about). Jon also got called for jury duty this week and has to go back next week. I had a doctor's appointment on thursday too. The doctor did an ultrasound to check the baby's weight and right now the baby is around 6 lbs. and the dr. estimated that birth weight should be around 8 lbs. The doctor also doesn't think that I will make it to my due date but who knows.
Everything else has been going great. We are excited to meet our new addition and will try to keep this updated as best as we can when baby Heald makes his/her entry into the world :-)

PICTURE TIME!!!!!!



Our Bedroom:
The Hallway:
The Nursery:

Kitchen (with Jon cooking dinner):
















The new hood over the stove:




















The new sink and air conditioner:




















Blake and Me at Joel and Emily's Wedding:

My Family at Joel and Emily's Wedding:



Maternity Pictures:



Baby Heald in 3D:





















Baby Belly at 37 weeks:

5 comments:

Rachel C said...

You are SO cute! Can't wait to meet Baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did Brit - what a great blog! You covered your busy summer well...and I love the pictures! You look wonderful and we are so proud of Jon with his summer school successes! What a relief to be so close to completing this next step of his studies. We can hardly wait to see all three of you in a couple weeks. Our office has a "baby contest" going...so we'll see who guessed 'sex, weight, length, date...' to win the contest.
Take care and see you soon!
Love - Mom

Joel said...

The house looks great, and I'm excited for the baby, but you should update your blog title now...

love.

Britney Heald said...

There you go Joel. That is what the title was supposed to be all along. I don't know how it got changed.

Joel said...

Wait, I'm confused. I meant changing the title 'One Year In' to something more relevant and catchy. Something like 'Another down and one coming' or 'Three's a crowd' or 'You've got child!'.

Either way, I understand that you're going through a lot right now, so I'll cut you some slack for the next 6 months.

love.