Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mid-April in Buffalo

It is a little chilly still, here in Buffalo NY. The winter was not as cold as those in Chicago, although there was more snow, but I am beginning to think that spring is a lot cooler here. It is still nice out, and I refuse to wear a heavy coat (it isn't really cold enough to demand one), but it is a bit too chilly for my taste. 

Britney is still searching for a job, focusing on jobs located in down town Buffalo. Whether she gets a job at Roswell or not, if she is working down town, it will make having only one car much easier, as will a regular work schedule. She has applied to a number of different positions, mainly in the secretarial and administrative assistant position, but she did apply for a drafting position with a local architecture firm (I have hope that she will get a job in a field that she can apply her degree to). 

I have been plugging away at class work (only tests and short presentations) as well as lab work in Dr. Smith's lab. I finished an experiment for him, but the results were not excellent (I think I messed up in the procedure somewhere) so I am going to repeat it for him. I am hoping to talk to him either today or tomorrow about staying in his lab to do my PhD work; I have arranged to talk with him about it, but I still don't know what to expect. He seems to be warming up to me a little bit; it is less awkward to make very-small-talk with him. I will let everyone know what happens...

Just an update on Melvin: he got his second bath two days ago, and he handled it like a trooper. He doesn't seem to mind the water or the shampoo...what he really doesn't like is the hair dryer (a towel takes way too long). I was holding him the entire time, and I didn't get scratched, so I think he is just a little scared, not too angry about the whole ordeal. 

-Jon

P.S. It's Joel's birthday on the 25th, so punch him in the arm if you see him...at all...ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you don't give us updates on all the baths at your house!

ily- mom