Britney is still at Christopher & Banks, but continuing the job-search. She has expressed interest in the editing field, primarily because she enjoys reading, so she is looking into that field, trying to get an idea of where and how to start a career in editing.
I am still plugging away at classes, which are still rather repetitive. There have been a few interesting lectures now and then, but I am ready to be done with classes in general. I am still in Dr. Smith's lab, and I am starting to work on a small project for him. We sat down last week and discussed what he wants me to do, including the type of cells and assays I will be using, but he is giving me the opportunity to 'think about it'. I realized this morning that my little bit of experience working with PSA (senior year of Olivet) is really helping me think through and evaluate what I need to do in order to validate and perform the experiments that Dr. Smith and I discussed. Dr. Leong (the chair of my program) told me earlier this week that I need to show Dr. Smith that I am worth his time and funding, especially considering he is thinking about retiring in the next few years; I need to convince him to stick around long enough to let me finish in his lab. I am hoping I can do so with this project he is having me do.
That is all for now... thoughts are coming too slowly and painfully right now. I will ask Britney to update the blog in the near future so she can fill everyone in on what she is doing/thinking.
-Jon
2 comments:
Good luck to Brit with the editing job because I hear that that is a very hard market right now. Have fun with your lab, and when ever you mention 'Dr. Smith', I can't help of thinking about History of Christianity and History and Polity of the Church of the Nazarene.
Your "very small audience" is always interested in your lives - you and Brit -
Brit - you might want to take a couple more "lit" classes to prepare you for editing - wide/broad language knowledge will be helpful - perhaps!
Jon - hope the labs work out to your advantage and your liking - it helps when you enjoy what you are studying - not a necessity - but the time sure goes by faster!
luv you guys - mom
Post a Comment